Home >> Treatment >> Physical Therapy
The Physical Therapists at University Orthopedics are important members of the multidisciplinary health care team. Upon referral to physical therapy at our Rhode Island offices, each patient receives a thorough assessment of his or her impairment and the physical therapist will plan a treatment regimen best suited to the individual problem. The next step is to begin work on restoring flexibility and easing discomfort.
Our therapists are experienced in working with patients of all ages and activity levels from children to senior citizens, college or professional athletes to homemakers.
Our physical therapists specialize in the following areas:
- Sports medicine
- Orthopedic rehabilitation
- Musculoskeletal rehabilitation of the spine
- Foot and ankle rehabilitation of adult and adolescent populations
- Knee and shoulder rehabilitation of adult and adolescent populations
- Manual therapy
- Total hip and knee joint replacement
- Injuries related to golf and baseball
- Geriatric orthopaedics
- Rehabilitation of non-operative conditions of shoulder and knee
- Post-operative procedures of the shoulder, knee, and ankle
- Rehabilitation of patients with throwing and basketball related injuries
- Physical therapy for patients with arthritis of the shoulder, knee, foot, ankle and spine
The therapists at University Orthopedics will involve you in your care, teaching you to be, in a way your own therapist. Our goal is to restore function and return our patients to an active lifestyle within a safe, appropriate time frame.
Quick navigation links:
About University Orthopedics in Rhode Island | Spine | Sports Medicine | Joint Replacement | Hand & Wrist | Shoulder & Elbow | Pediatric Orthopedics | Foot & Ankle | Trauma & Fracture | Physician Bios | What Hurts? | Treatment | Education | Patient Center | Contact Information for Orthopedic Specialty Offices | Driving directions to offices in: Newport | Providence (Butler Drive) | Providence (Dudley St.) | East Greenwich
Where pictures of patients are displayed, the patients of University Orthopedics have consented to have their picture in this website for the purpose of patient education.